Kaye's Fish Shop - photograph

Description:
This photograph shows the counter at the fish shop in Upton Park which was owned by Len Kaye and his wife Lily. Lily was the daughter of Polish-Jewish immigrants Henry and Annie Levenson. Henry and all his sons were cabinet-makers, and Annie ran a millinery shop with her daughters. The family were founding members of Canning Town Synagogue, and donated many of the furnishings.
Production Date:
1947-1948
ID no:
JML_383.52
Object Size:
80 mm - height (original photograph), 130 mm - width (original photograph)
Maker:
unknown
Copyright:
Copyright holder unknown.

Bookmark with:

  • What are these?