Demolition of St. George's Church in Hornsey

Description:
The original St George's church was built in 1907 in Priory Road, Hornsey. Bombed in 1940 during the Second World War, it was pulled down in 1956. The site was allocated for the new Hornsey fire station in 1963. The artist Fred Mitchell recorded the demolition of this local landmark. A Crouch End resident, Mitchell was Head of Art at Hornsey College of Art in Crouch End.
Production Date:
1956
ID no:
LDBCM_2000.106
Object Size:
H 50.3 cm, W 39.7 cm
Maker:
Frederick J Mitchell
Copyright:
Haringey Culture, Libraries and Learning
Object Material:
oil

Bookmark with:

  • What are these?