Leytonstone station exterior - photograph

Description:
The image of Leytonstone station on the Great Eastern Railway (G.E.R.) is taken from a postcard original. The station opened in 1856 as part of the branch line to Loughton. A G.E.R. horse-drawn parcel wagon stands on the station forecourt. Leytonstone and the line were taken over by London Transport in 1946-7 as part of the electrified Central line.
Production Date:
1900-1914
ID no:
LTM_1998/43996
Copyright:
Transport for London

Bookmark with:

  • What are these?